Disclaimer: We are owned and operated by GoodMorning.com. We hire 3rd-party engineers and use public data to rate mattresses on over 30 criteria that we believe are important. Brands we own—Apollo, Brunswick, Cherry, Douglas, Juno, Octave, Logan & Cove, Novosbed, Podium, and Recore—are reviewed and advertised where indicated. Views expressed here are our opinions only. Full details.
3.3 / 10
Verified Customer Reviews
5.6 / 10
Verified Customer Reviews
CYBER THURSDAY SALE!
$30 OFF ALL Mattresses, Up to 53% off a Bedding Bundle, and 50% OFF a Mattress Protector with mattress purchase.
Sale ends November 30th. See website for details >
|Firmness:||3.3 / 10||5.6 / 10|
|Edge support:||5.3 / 10||4.0 / 10|
|Motion isolation:||7.4 / 10||6.2 / 10|
|Bounce:||1.9 / 10||2.6 / 10|
Feel & Firmness
Remember that mattress firmness is subjective. Your body weight, comfort preferences, and preferred sleeping positions will affect how firm a sleep surface will feel to you.
Most shoppers are drawn to a medium-firm mattress because it offers a nice blend of cushioning and support. Though if you weigh over 200 lbs, you might need a firmer mattress to get the support you need.
Zinus and Juno each offer a single firmness. However, testing conducted by licensed third-party engineers (commissioned by us), revealed a significant difference in the mattress firmness ratings:
- The Zinus 12” Green Tea mattress is rated 3.3 / 10, making it a medium-soft mattress. There is plenty of ‘hug’ and softness as you lie down on the mattress. People who weigh over 200 lbs may find they sink too deep into the mattress layers for their liking.
- The Juno mattress is rated 5.6 / 10, making it a medium-firm mattress. Juno’s sleep surface offers support, comfort, and contouring with some ‘hug.’ A wide range of body types and sleeping positions should feel comfortable on Juno.
Foam mattresses are not known for their edge support. Shoppers who are thinking about changing from an innerspring to a foam mattress should keep this in mind.
According to testing conducted by licensed third-party engineers (commissioned by us), the Zinus and Juno mattresses have comparable edge support scores:
- The Zinus 12” Green Tea mattress is rated at 5.3 / 10 on the edge support scale.
- The Juno mattress is rated at 4.0 / 10 on the edge support scale.
If you share your bed with a partner or pets, a foam mattress is a good choice. That’s because foam mattresses can greatly reduce sleep disturbances caused by someone shifting or getting in and out of bed.
According to testing conducted by licensed third-party engineers (commissioned by us), the Zinus and Juno mattresses have similar motion isolation scores:
- The Zinus 12” Green Tea mattress has above-average motion isolation. It is rated at 7.4 / 10 on the motion isolation scale.
- The Juno mattress has above-average motion isolation. It is rated at 6.2 / 10 on the motion isolation scale.
The trade-off for good motion isolation typically found with foam mattresses is low bounce. If a bouncier sleep surface is important to you, consider an innerspring mattress.
According to testing conducted by licensed third-party engineers (commissioned by us), the Zinus and Juno mattresses score very close when it comes to bounce:
- The Zinus 12” Green Tea mattress has below-average bounce. It is rated at 1.9 / 10 on the bounce scale.
- The Juno mattress has below-average bounce. It is rated at 2.6 / 10 on the bounce scale.
|Number of layers:||4||2|
|Comfort layers:||3” BioFoam memory foam with green tea extract;|
2” Comfort Foam®
|2" Full-Body Cooling Gel Foam|
|Transition layer:||3.5” Airflow foam||N/A|
|Support layer:||3.5” Airflow base support foam||6” Total Support foam|
|Cover materials:||Polyester||Polyester, viscose|
Both the Zinus 12” Green Tea mattress and Juno mattress are combination foam mattresses. By combining multiple layers of different foam types and densities, the mattresses provide sleepers the conditions that make for a good rest: cooling, comfort, and support.
The biggest differences between the two mattresses are height, number of layers, country of origin:
- At 12” high, the Zinus has the tall sidewalls often seen in hybrid mattresses. Whereas at 8”, the Juno has a more compact profile.
- With a total of four layers (one extra comfort layer and an added transition layer), the Zinus has two more foam layers than Juno.
- Zinus is made in China and shipped overseas to customers in Canada and the US. Juno is made and sold in Canada.
Zinus Mattress Layers
The Zinus 12” Green Tea mattress has four layers:
- First layer: 3 inches of BioFoam memory foam infused with green tea extract, charcoal, and castor seed oil. This layer is designed to conform to your body while you sleep. Zinus claims the natural additives in the foam help reduce odour, absorb excess moisture, and suppress the growth of bacteria.
- Second layer: 2 inches of Comfort Foam®. This layer is designed to eliminate pressure points that tend to cause discomfort through the night, especially around the hips, shoulders, and other joints.
- Third layer: 3.5 inches of Airflow foam. This “egg carton” shaped transition layer encourages hot air trapped within the foam mattress to escape from the sides.
- Fourth layer: another 3.5 inches of Airflow base support foam. This bottom layer gives the mattress its structure and prevents sleepers from sinking in too far, while also allowing another passageway for warm air to escape.
Of note: Density information for the layers is not available on the Zinus website
Juno Mattress Layers
The Juno mattress has two layers:
- First layer: 2 inches of Full-Body Cooling Gel Foam. This top layer offers contoured comfort, as well as overall cooling and breathability. Foam density: 2.5 lbs/ft³.
- Second layer: 6 inches of Total Support Foam. This bottom layer allows Juno to provide support and firmness to sleepers. This layer also improves overall edge support while reducing motion transfer. Foam density: 1.8 lbs/ft³.
Zinus Mattress Cover
The Zinus 12” Green Tea mattress has a very understated mattress cover — no stripes, piping, logos, or brand tags. The entire surface is covered with a 100% polyester white fabric, lightly textured with a subtle floral pattern. Because the mattress cover cannot be removed, stains and spills will need to be spot cleaned.
Juno Mattress Cover
The Juno mattress cover is an homage to the classic wool socks Canadians have worn for generations. The middle section of the cover is a lightly textured grey fabric that contains polyester and a bit of Lycra for stretch. The foot of the mattress cover features a wide band of white with a red stripe containing several Canadian maple leaves. Juno does have a zipper to make it possible to remove the mattress cover, but it is not machine washable; stains and spills will need to be spot cleaned.
|Verified 5-Star Reviews:|
|Trial length:||100 nights||120 nights|
|Warranty:||10 years||15 years|
|Where to buy:||Online||Online|
Zinus is a South Korean company founded by Youn Jae Lee in 2004. Today, Zinus sells an assortment of mattresses, sleep accessories, and home furniture. The Zinus 12” Green Tea mattress, along with Zinus’s other mattress models, is made in China. Though customers can buy directly through the company website, Zinus mattresses are sold primarily on major online retail websites like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart.
Juno is part of GoodMorning.com, Canada’s largest independent online mattress retailer. Launched in August 2019, Juno slots under Douglas as the value foam mattress in the lineup — with the goal of offering high-quality sleep at an even more affordable price. LIke all other GoodMorning.com mattresses, Juno has a 120-night trial and outstanding Canadian customer care. Juno is made and sold exclusively in Canada.
|Delivery, Trial, Returns||Zinus||Juno|
|Shipping time:||3–10 days||3–10 days|
|Sleep trial length:||100 nights||120 nights|
|Return ease:||Company picks up||Company picks up|
|Refund:||Yes, full refund (conditional)||Yes, full refund|
Zinus and Juno both use FedEx to ship to customers in Canada and the US. Shipping is free with both brands, but a fee may apply on Juno mattress orders to remote locations. Customers of either brand can expect to receive their mattress within 3 to 10 business days, excluding public holidays.
As with any bed-in-a-box brand, Zinus and Juno heavily promote their in-home sleep trials. Juno has the longest sleep trial of both mattress brands at 120 nights. Zinus gives customers 100 nights for their trial period.
If a customer wants to return their Zinus or Juno mattress within the sleep trial, both companies will arrange to pick up their mattress and issue a full refund. There are no additional return or restocking fees for either product. The Zinus website, however, states that returned mattresses must be in good condition (‘no drool, stains or mysterious smells’).
Of note: Many Zinus mattresses are purchased through Amazon. Amazon allows up to 30 days to refund opened mattresses, but they do not offer pick-up service.
|Green policies:||Replaces some petroleum with natural plant oils (BioFoam)||Manufactured using renewable energy;
|Social responsibility:||No mention on website||Returned mattresses are donated to charity|
|Box materials:||Cardboard||Recycled cardboard, recycled ink|
|Cover materials:||Polyester||Polyester, viscose|
|Green manufacturing:||Replaces some petroleum with natural plant oils (BioFoam)||Manufactured using renewable energy|
With their bed-in-a-box design, foam layers, and value prices, the Zinus 12” Green Tea mattress and Juno mattress are often cross-shopped against each other online. Upon closer comparison, that is where the similarities diverge.
Zinus and Juno have the comfort qualities sleepers expect from combination foam mattresses. Motion isolation is good and bounce is very minimal. Zinus, however, had a considerable amount of sinkage during the firmness test. Juno, on the other hand, had much less overall sinkage.
If a mattress’s country of origin is important to you, note that Zinus is made in China, whereas Juno is made in Canada. Products made in Canada must adhere to Canadian environmental and manufacturing standards.
Customer experience is also an important consideration. Zinus currently has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. Juno has an A+ rating.
Juno’s crowd-pleasing firmness, made-in-Canada quality, affordable price, and thousands of verified 5-star reviews helped it earn Mattress-Reviews.com’s Top Pick for a Value Mattress.
Buy Zinus if you want:
- A budget mattress with a medium-soft feel
- Plenty of available online reviews
- The ability to compare prices between retailers
- A mattress with lots of ‘hug’